07-26-2012 06:42 AM
Using HP Support Assistant, my HP G61 110SA laptop battery wouldn't recalibrate so it told me to replace it. I have now bought a new one but can't find any instructions anywhere on HOW to install it! Plus, should I fully charge before installation etc.. Any help, advice, info and especially links to instructions would really be appreciated. I'm using Windows7 64 bit.
07-26-2012 07:01 AM
Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.
The procedure to remove and replace the battery can be found in chapter 4, page 4-7.
Once you install your new battery, I recommend you fully charge it.
If you need to use your notebook, use it with the A/C power connected until the battery is charged, if possible.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)