09-02-2009 09:43 PM
09-02-2009 09:55 PM
Before you begin: Remove the battery. Remove the adapter
- Remove the 8mm P1 Phillips head screw, located in the hard disk drive compartment cover that secures the optical drive to the base enclosure.
Note: Screw location is indicated by the appropriate icon for the tray.
- Grasp the optical drive by the bezel and slide the drive out of the base enclosure.
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
09-02-2009 11:44 PM
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!
12-16-2009 07:52 PM
I believe my CD/DVD Drive may need to be replaced. some forums on the net said that even if my dvd's play the optical eye could be slowing dying. Any suggestions on where to purchase one at? I have a HP DV5Z Pavilion and the warranty was up last month.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)