Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Great pics and really useful. Thank you.

However, I do think that more effort should be put in with the original instructions otherwise you would have NO CHANCE of working this out!

HP Recommended

thank you so much, the picture with the red markings was the only thing that made sense to me!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help... the photos really explain a lot! Cheers!

I absolutely love this mouse! It is sleek and pretty! 🙂

HP Recommended

The link to the instrutions helped. Thank you for helping!

HP Recommended

Does anyone know how to disassemble it? Wanted to repair it but could not find any screws. What's the secret this time?

Upd: nevermind, there's a single screw in the very bottom under the sticker, unscrew it and mouse opens just fine. There are 3 identical mechanical buttons with a decent travel and an actuation point, not cheap membranes as in logitechs. I'll replace those with kailh silent switches and this mouse will totally rock.

HP Recommended

stick your fingernail in the outside shinny cover at the bottom end, push forward  and lift, you will see two prongs/clips  sticking up on top middle, gently  push those forward and the inner cover will slide out.

HP Recommended
WOW!! Thank you for explaining the process so clearly and for providing the visual, as well! I couldn't figure it out and thought I should let my husband change the batteries but I just knew he would up destroying it in the process! My mouse has been resuscitated! Thanks again! 🐵
HP Recommended

The instruction to use thumbnail at the back between thin plastic piece and base did the trick for me.  Actually a cool design.  I especially like the slot to put the usb dongle into -- great for storage!  I really like the feel of this mouse, and mine came with a cool Darth Vader design.  🙂

HP Recommended
How do you open the top of the mouse?
HP Recommended

I can't get the batteries out of my P

HP 4000 laser mouse

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.