04-01-2012 10:38 PM - edited 04-01-2012 10:39 PM
The machine is an HDX16 1200 CTO running Vista SP2 64.
I see posted problems with Dual Layer discs until the firmware is updated, but those who have made the update are doing so "off line" so to speak. Does HP or LG have a utility or app to replace/update the firmware of the drive?
The notebook bios is v.F.32.
Optical Drive Mfr is HL-DT-ST
Thanks in advance...
02-25-2013 11:15 PM - edited 02-27-2013 06:49 AM
I have a DV7-1261WM and I am having the same trouble. Someone on the web gave my a zip file that is supposed to have the firmware in it but all I see are 2 *.bin files. If someone knows how to use .BIN files to update I would be willing to share the file.
02-26-2013 04:51 AM - edited 02-26-2013 04:53 AM
Try using Daemon tools. Mount it as an immage, and run it. If not, you should be able to burn the bin file into a CD And open it that way. The *.bin files do not relate to any specific software as they contain binary data. Make sure your download is from a trusted source & run the software at your own risk.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)