01-27-2010 01:34 PM
I think my laptop graphics card died which is a HD3450, the warranty is up by about a month on the laptop as well. I tried to hook up an external moniter via vga and hdmi no luck so its defo dead. I havent rang the support line yet to see if they replace the mobo but the fact of the matter is the laptop died because of heat issues it would be pipeing hot within minutes and over time it kill the gpu. Is ther any recall or extended warranty on the DV5111oem?
I dont want to fork out a load of cash to get it fixed myself when its clearly a design fault with the cooling system of that laptop and by the looks of things its a common among the Pavilion range.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)