Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So my laptop does not want to turn on. I plugged in the charger and the in charging indicator light won't even turn on. I bought a new charger and a new battery thinking that it might be a problem with either of those two things but the laptop still does not want to turn on or charge. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello 33cn33.  I understand you're unable to get your notebook to power on.

Does the AC adapter have an LED on it?  What color is it when you plug it in?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?  This drains all residual power from the notebook and forces the hardware to reinitialize.  Try the following.

1. Ensure the notebook is powered off.
  2. Remove battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds three time.
  4. Replace the battery and AC power.
  5. Attempt to boot notebook and note the result.

If the charging indicator isn't lighting up with a (good) AC adapter being used then it is possible the issue is the motherboard or the specific portion of the motherboard which handles power.  It is possible that this is replaceable   If you provide me with your product number I will look into it for you.  This document can show you where it is located.

I hope you have a great day and I will keep an eye out for your reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

my product number is WM954EA#ABU AND IT WONT CHARGE OR THE TURN THE LIGHT WONT EVEN TURN ON WHEN I PLUG IT IN. I HAVE TRIED TO COMPETLY TURNED ON AND EVRYTHIGN BUT NO RESULT.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS FORGOT TO TURN IT OFF. 

HP Recommended

Origion23,

It would seem the charging indicator light does not come on when the charger is connected.  Have you already tried using a different charger to rule out the charger?  It sounds like the charger may have failed.  This would result in a drained battery and the unit not powering on.  If you do not have one to test with, see if you can borrow one from a friend or visit a local PC shop to test with a charger there.  In my area, local PC shops typically don't charge just to test out a charger but it may be different for your area. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Hello,please I have laptop g62,if I plugg in the charge and the charging indicator light won't even turn on and the laptop will not charge and not turn on,both if I remove the charge and turn on the laptop with only battery the laptop will come up.please what's the solution to it.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.