Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

pradnya

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link, however, I have already attempted those steps. Upon reboot, the device manager constantly loads it as "Unknown Device".  Even if I delete it and scan for hardware changes (without rebooting) it returns to the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' group as an 'Unknown Device".  And yes, I know the camera does work and the cameras plug is seated into the socket.

HP Recommended

تعريف الدريف للاتش بي

HP Recommended

i cant find any drivers NOR can i find the webcam anywhere on my computer

hp pavilion dv6700

please write me back ASAP

Thank You

HP Recommended

I know its a shot in the dark, but here goes:  I have a DV6646US running Windows 7 Ultimate (Build 7601) 32bit. In the device manager, the camera shows up under "Imaging Devices" as "HP Webcam".  I seem to vaguely recall an issue where if the camera wasn't showing up in the correct place (Imaging Devices) in the device list, the camera would not work even with the correct driver. 

The driver that I am using is USBVIDEO.SYS.  The date of the driver is 6/21/06, Version 6.1.7601.17514   In paretheses after the version is "(win7sp1_rtm.101119-1750)"  I don't know what it means beyond that it looks like the driver was part of Windows 7 service pack 1.  I would first look in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers directory to see if it is there.  If so, try loading the driver from that location. 

I messed with mine for a long time trying to get the camera recognized.  Even took the display apart to see if the camera plug was properly seated as some had reported that is was sometimes an issue.  It wasn't an issue for me.  Then all sorts of things started going wrong.  My DVD drive wasn't being recognised.  Friends more knowledgable than I were of the opinion that I had a motherboard or logic chip issue.  So I bought a new laptop and put the DV6446 on the patio for convienent internet surfing.  Then a few weeks later, everthing started working and still does.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

@jenniferleighr5 wrote:

Hello

I purchased a used HP Pavilion DV6000 with Windows 7 32 bit . It did have the webcam working  and I had to do a recovery.

There is no Image Device in the Device Manager.. Does not detect Webcam.

How do I get my webcam working again.

Thank you

Please contact

{Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

Some might have better ideas than me, but I would start by opening the device manager and scan for hardware changes. Make sure that it isnt listed under some other heading.  If so, delete it.   It it doesnt see anything you might try manually installing and using the driver listed above.  All else fails (and you are truely desperate), might do an  overlay install of the OS.

HP Recommended

My pc not found webcam. i just formated my computer and i deleted the disc with all the drives. i would like to know how i can get "recovery_HP" disc pack.

Thaks

HP Recommended

@helena_pinto_pe wrote:

My pc not found webcam. i just formated my computer and i deleted the disc with all the drives. i would like to know how i can get "recovery_HP" disc pack.

Thaks

Hello helena_pinto_pe.

If you have not previously created the discs your best bet would be to get them directly from HP Support.  You can give them a call at 1-800-474-6836 if you're in the US/Canada.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

My laptop integrated webcam is not working.In Quickplay webcam application disappeared. I woulk like to get the webcam in working condition. Pl suggest.

N.sankaranarayanan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.