Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion g7
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

my keyboard is not working, i have bought a spare keyboard from a old hp g7 but it didn't work also the numlock and wifi indicator has led light. what will i do to fix this ? please help me. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @carlosgeorge,

Thanks for  posting your question in the HP Community. I understand that the computer’s keyboard does not work and you’ve tried a different keyboard also. I’ll be glad to assist you.

Going by what you’ve stated in your post, regarding the Numlock and the Caps lock keys being lit, it looks like a hardware issue with the unit.Awesome job by trying a different keyboard with the unit.

Please perform a hard reset first.

Steps to do it:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.

If this fixes the issue, it would be great. If the computer fires up then try running system diagnostics by following these steps.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
  3. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
  4. Run the complete system tests.

If nothing works contact phone support to get the unit serviced.

Link for phone support:

hp.com/contacthp

Hope this helps! Let me know how this goes.

Thanks and have a blessed weekend.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.