12-06-2012 08:45 PM
My laptop is Hp Pavilion dm4 LW475UA#ABA. Suddenly my DVD burner not working. Not sure how to rectify this problem. Reinstalling drivers would help ? or putting OS into factory mode rectify my issue?.... need help on this ....please
12-07-2012 03:43 AM
First, try the automated fixit from Microsoft on the link below.
Check if the drive is now working.
If it still doesn't work, click the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'. In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.
sfc /scannow ( note that there is a space between sfc and the / )
Let the process complete, then type exit and hit enter.
Next, click the Start Menu, open the Control Panel and click on Device Manager. Next click to open DVD/CD-ROM Drives. Right click the drive and select uninstall. Do not delete drivers if asked. When the device has uninstalled click on the 'Scan for Hardware Changes' icon ( usually just below Help on the toolbar ). Let windows reinstall the drive and see if it now works.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)