Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a dv6-3022nr yesterday and i cannot figure out how to scroll. A note in the box mentions you have to use two fingers but i've tried everything I cannot scrol up and down with this touch pad. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For scrolling function to work, Synaptics touchpad driver application needs to load on startup....Check if that is happening...

Plus check, if the Scrolling option in enable in Synaptics touchpad properties. To do that, Click Start and type Mouse in the Search field, and select Mouse when it becomes available in the program list. The Mouse Properties settings window will open.Click on Device Settings tab. On the Device Settings tab, select the Touchpad device name, and then select Settings. click the plus sign [+] to expand scrolling and check if two finger scroll is checked...

If the driver settings tab is not there, install the driver from here ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49242.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

For scrolling function to work, Synaptics touchpad driver application needs to load on startup....Check if that is happening...

Plus check, if the Scrolling option in enable in Synaptics touchpad properties. To do that, Click Start and type Mouse in the Search field, and select Mouse when it becomes available in the program list. The Mouse Properties settings window will open.Click on Device Settings tab. On the Device Settings tab, select the Touchpad device name, and then select Settings. click the plus sign [+] to expand scrolling and check if two finger scroll is checked...

If the driver settings tab is not there, install the driver from here ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49242.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

great that worked! thank you so much!

HP Recommended

You are welcome! :generic:

HP Recommended

Thanks for the great instructions, Cyclops! Like the other poster, I also had just purchased a dv6 laptop, and was very unhappy & confused with the touchpad performance. After first bringing the laptop home, I thought I would have to return it because I just couldn't live with the weird touchpad operation. 

I followed your instructions, and changed the various parameters (including changing to 1 finger scrolling). The touchpad now works perfectly, and is actually quite well designed, with a plethora of performance tweeks available! You have been a great help, thank you. 

There are MANY posts around the web with complaints regarding the new touchpad performance, with many of the posters stating that they had returned their HP laptops because (paraphrase) "although this is a fine laptop performance/design wise, it is marred by an almost unuseable touchpad. So I returned it, and bought 'xyz' brand instead."

I think HP will be losing business because of the bad touchpad rep., as many purchasers won't bother to do the web research I did to find a solution like yours, Cyclops. HP- are you listening?

HP Recommended

@Cyclops wrote:

Sorry Cyclops, I'm not very forum savvy- how do I mark your reply as "Accept as Solution" ?

HP Recommended

Hey vegdiver! No worries on the Accept as Solution...if you happen to find anyone on the web have the same issue as you are having, direct them to this post. I would be more than happy to assist them as well, if they post on this thread or forum....

HP Recommended

hi, i have a problem with my hp pavilion dv6 on touch pad scrolling is not working..... can anyone tell how to solove this problem? where to find the driver for it? thanks

HP Recommended

hi, my problem is as to you. could you tell me about the solution..... plz

HP Recommended

Hi Cyclops,

Is the vertical and horizontal fingure touch scrolling at all available in Pavellion dv6 6015TX model?

Thanks!

Hirak

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.