12-27-2010 08:59 AM
My HP dv6000 laptop is dead (again). Last time it was the motherboard, but now it is out of warranty and I doubt there is much I can do to fix it. I've already purchased a new laptop, but I need to know how to recover all of the files (documents, music, pics) from the dead laptop.
Last time the motherboard died the tech department at my job was able to remove the harddrive and recover everything. I'm no longer there, but seeing as the laptop has all the same symptoms I'm assuming it is the same issue, and that I should be able to retrieve all the files.
Step by step anyone? I know you can buy an enclosure for a hard drive with a USB cable to plug into another computer, but I have no idea what exactly I need or how much of a process this will be!
12-27-2010 10:43 AM
01-06-2011 02:53 PM
Did that resolve your issue?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)