Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 17-w043dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just wanna know if i can install 2x16gb ram equal to 32gb of ram on my hp omen 17-w043dx and it going to work correctly. And. What happens if my board said that run 2133mhz and the new memory ram runs at 3000mhz. My hp said just expandable to 16gb of ram ddr4 at 2133mhz but i wanna make it more fast giving it 32gb of ram at 3000mhz. Please let me know all pro and cons.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Two SODIMM slots, not customer accessible or upgradeable: ● DDR4-2133 dual channel support ● DDR4-2400 dual channel support (bridge to DDR4–2133) Supports up to 16 GB max system memory

I am sure you do want to make it faster by installing 32 gigs of RAM at 3000 mhz but it is not possible with your hardware. So to answer your questions there are no pros it is all cons. Can't be done. I am sure you will find some crackpot on the internet that will tell you he did it but the HP Service Manual has a pretty high batting average for being correct and I have to assume it is. 

I see it has a 1 TB 7200 rpm spinning hard drive. You can upgrade the to a solid state drive and it will give you much more speed in everything but gaming. Good luck. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Two SODIMM slots, not customer accessible or upgradeable: ● DDR4-2133 dual channel support ● DDR4-2400 dual channel support (bridge to DDR4–2133) Supports up to 16 GB max system memory

I am sure you do want to make it faster by installing 32 gigs of RAM at 3000 mhz but it is not possible with your hardware. So to answer your questions there are no pros it is all cons. Can't be done. I am sure you will find some crackpot on the internet that will tell you he did it but the HP Service Manual has a pretty high batting average for being correct and I have to assume it is. 

I see it has a 1 TB 7200 rpm spinning hard drive. You can upgrade the to a solid state drive and it will give you much more speed in everything but gaming. Good luck. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Thanks sir that what I was looking for. I dont want to mess with my laptop im just new on this
HP Recommended
So i can istall 2x8gb =16gb ram 2400mhz on my laptop but they go to run on 2133mhz. Or the going to run at 2400mhz
HP Recommended

The bridge thing to me means you can buy DDR4-2400 and it will work but will downclock to 2133. 

HP Recommended
thanks people like you are awesome. Thanks for you help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.