Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hi guys, my laptop fell like 3 feet off the bed and now won't charge or turn on. When I plug in the ac cord, the charge light rapidly blinks. It is a white color led blinking. What does this mean as the manual only has white, amber, and blinking amber options. I tried just using the battery and it does not turn on. Also tried the hard reset where you hold the power button for 30sec to 1min. Any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the information. For the battery light blinking repeatedly, I have included the following document 'Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps'. Once you do have the link open, click on Battery power LED blinks' and follow through the steps.

The second document that I have included is 'Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)'. Once you do have the document open, please click on the symptom that your computer is having, and follow through the steps in order.

The last document that I have included is, 'Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge'. This will take you through the different options of testing the battery, power supply, and system board.

Please let me know if you are able to turn the notebook on after this, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Can any expert tell me what the blinking means so I can decide on trying to fix this laptop. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand that you are not able to turn your notebook on, or charge it. I would like to be able to assist you with this, but first I would need a bit more information. What would be the full model number of your notebook be. I have included the following document 'Guide to finding your product number'. As well what version of Windows are you running. I have included the document, 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks. My model is hp pavilion dv6-6047cl. With windows 7.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the information. For the battery light blinking repeatedly, I have included the following document 'Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps'. Once you do have the link open, click on Battery power LED blinks' and follow through the steps.

The second document that I have included is 'Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)'. Once you do have the document open, please click on the symptom that your computer is having, and follow through the steps in order.

The last document that I have included is, 'Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge'. This will take you through the different options of testing the battery, power supply, and system board.

Please let me know if you are able to turn the notebook on after this, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thank you for the info. According to the diagnostic tests, my system board is most likely busted. So I guess it's time to bury my 1 year old friend.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the information. After completing the troubleshooting steps and finding out that the system board i no longer functioning properly. One option I would suggest is replacing the system board. I have included the 'HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide', and if you scroll to page 85. It will show the parts that are need to replace and how to replace the system board.

Please let me know if this works, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with a DV6408nr. The blue light is on around the power adapter. When pressing the power button, all blue lights flash for a second then the system shuts down immediately.It's as if the power is getting to the LED's but not flowing elsewhere and prompting the system to turn itself off.

The battery charge light will blink continuously. I let it charge for at least 30 minutes and tried to power on with the same result as above.

Thanks for the information so far.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem after crashed the notebook into the ground but I have to add this.

If I left the notebook on a shelf for several days and then I plug it with the battery and push the power button the notebook boots and I can use it for a while (20 minutes), until the power cord falls to the floor. So,

- The battery didn't charge at all. Windows 8.1 shows 1% charged.

- You could boot the notebook one, two... three times until the problem presents again.

I have unmount the notebook two times, I have done the hard reset as described in the guides, I even made a shortcircuit between RTC battery poles to try to unload any circuit... but I cannot solve the problem.

¿Can you confirm that this is not a battery issue? ¿can anyone tell me if this is a motherboard fail? 

I don't have spare parts to check if the problem is the motherboard or the processor and I don't want to lose more time with this.

Thank you

HP Recommended

document links do not work.  I am having similar issue, would like to access them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.