Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15-ab052ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, i'm not american, and i'm going to try to explain this with my bad english so. The problem is that my notebook doesn't reed or detect mi r7 m360 (2gb) graphic card, ive tried a lot of things like, install all drivers and the ultimate drivers of amd and all the drivers for HP. My laptop have exactly an amd A10-8700 processor with 1.8-ghz, 8gb of ram, two graphics card, a r6 integrated (512mb) and a r7 m360 (2gb). Any game detect the r7, just the r6. And games like GTA V just show me 1gb in the graphics options. Ive been looking a lot of pages and forums, without any fix to this problem!!! Can sombody helpme with that,pleas? It's very important to me solve this, so pleas, help!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Kiogy96,

Good Day.  Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that the computer does not work with the AMD graphics card while playing games. I will be really glad to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

We need to first determine if the issue is hardware or software related.

• Did you run diagnostics on the video module?
  • Did you try multiple games?
  • Have you checked in device manager if the drivers are correctly installed?

Please perform complete component tests from this link and if any component fails, please make a note of the failure code. If it is established that there is a hardware failure, then you will need to contact HP phone support to get the notebook serviced.

If all the diagnostics pass, please perform these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphic drivers from this link and check if this does the trick for you.
  • If this does not work, please update the graphic drivers from here please select the correct graphics driver based on your computer.
  • You could also look up this AMD website and use the autodetect tool to install the drivers.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Kiogy96,

Good Day.  Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that the computer does not work with the AMD graphics card while playing games. I will be really glad to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

We need to first determine if the issue is hardware or software related.

• Did you run diagnostics on the video module?
  • Did you try multiple games?
  • Have you checked in device manager if the drivers are correctly installed?

Please perform complete component tests from this link and if any component fails, please make a note of the failure code. If it is established that there is a hardware failure, then you will need to contact HP phone support to get the notebook serviced.

If all the diagnostics pass, please perform these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphic drivers from this link and check if this does the trick for you.
  • If this does not work, please update the graphic drivers from here please select the correct graphics driver based on your computer.
  • You could also look up this AMD website and use the autodetect tool to install the drivers.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First, Thanks for you time, and sorry for my late respond. Im downloading my correct driver to see if it works. the radeon that i have is 17.4.2 version, but i need 17.4.3 so, im already downloading it.

At this time i didnt uninstall the graphics driver couse i didnt see it. I know where is the device manager and i know where is the display adapter, but when i click it dont show me "uninstall driver", i just see "update driver sofware" and in the past i have tried to updated, but windows started with an error T_T.  

And yes, i proof a lot of games like i said in the first post "gta v and "gta iv". Ive tried more like skyrim etc, but that games dont let me take the R7 graphic card. 

And sorry that I gave you click on "accept as a solution" by mistake, considering that it has not yet been solved. any way, i let you know in any case. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, are you able to see boot the graphics cards listed in device manager. If they are listed, please follow the procedure mentioned in this HP Article for assistance in enabling the GPU of your choice. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.