Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys , i faced a problem in using HP envy 15 model 3021Tx. when i press power/turn on button, nothing happen. the screen is black and only the wifi have an orange light. Any one know how to solve this problem? photo.JPG << when i press power on , the screen is black and only wifi have an orange light.

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try the steps given below might help you fix the issue.

1) Disconnect the Adapter & Battery first just press and hold the power button on the unit for 30 seconds and then turn on the unit only using the Adapter and have it checked.

2) Once unit is power on keep tapping the F8 OR F10 key check if you get any display on the screen.

3) If you are comfortable please reseat the Hard drive & Memory and check if you get any display on the screen.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
I am having the same problem. How do I remove the battery from the computer and what is the meaning of this. It was working perfectly well a few Minutes ago before I shut it down.
HP Recommended
Which point did you use in the end? Did you take out the battery? I don't really understand the points.
HP Recommended

May i know how to remove my battery? Im facing the same problem too

HP Recommended
I got my new HP ENVY 15-3017tx Notebook PC yesterday. Used it for an hour and shut it down . Today when I press the on off button, it is not turning on. Only the amber light at the wireless button f12 is lighting up. What to do? Please help
HP Recommended
Im having the exact problem. And mine is a brand new laptop! T here is no return policy sadly in my country so im stuck with hp support.

In addition i noticed the beats button once pressed, remains stuck. Is this also a cause for the power not able to on issue?

I cant remove the battery, it seems to be screwed in. Do i need to unscrew it?
HP Recommended
Update:
The technician came and highlighted that the problem was with my Beats volume button. It got stuck and wouldnt pop up. apparently, HP is aware of this problem and hence, replaced that button (HP calls it the Tap Button) and my laptop works like a charm now!

so for those with power up issues, check to make sure ur BEATS volume button is not stuck, because it is probably the reason for why your laptop cannot startup... call HP technical support to request for a replacement, that is the only solution...unless you somehow manage to get the button to pop up (i tried, trust me, very difficult!) and mentally avoid pressing that button...

good luck all!!! (im gonna go play my d3 now!)
HP Recommended
I got this problem again 😞
I dun understand what u all mean by the beat volume stuck. Someone explain to me pls
THank you very much
HP Recommended
Im assuming u have the hp envy 15 that looks like the mac book pro. Look to the top right corner of the keyboard.. Do u see a volume dial? It has a button which u can press. That is the beats button. It gets stuck when u press it. Being stuck it cos the laptop to not power up. It has to be changed by hp.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.