Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 4 (773 Views)

I want to upgrade my processor in my HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook

My computer has an intel I3 Processor and I want to know how can I make it possible to change it for an Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme, I heard that there is a version of this processor for laptops. My computer is the HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook, I would like to know if this is possible with this processaor or at least one that works faster, so if I change it for the intel core i7 extreme I would like to install the latest processor that is possible to make it works faster.

This link is for my computer specifications HP Pavilion DV4-2162nr

This link is for the Inter Processor that I want to install Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme

Provost
Message 2 of 4 (765 Views)

Re: I want to upgrade my processor in my HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook

Hi,

Well, you may want to check the first manual of the following link first:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=4125879

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Associate Dean
Message 3 of 4 (756 Views)

Re: I want to upgrade my processor in my HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook

Erick71123 wrote:

My computer has an intel I3 Processor and I want to know how can I make it possible to change it for an Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme, I heard that there is a version of this processor for laptops. My computer is the HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook, I would like to know if this is possible with this processaor or at least one that works faster, so if I change it for the intel core i7 extreme I would like to install the latest processor that is possible to make it works faster.

This link is for my computer specifications HP Pavilion DV4-2162nr

This link is for the Inter Processor that I want to install Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme

Well first off what is your Product Number that will tell if you board can take a i7 processor?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
Provost
Message 4 of 4 (734 Views)

The processor page you have linked is for a desktop processor series which you will never be able to install in a laptop. It might be possible to install a laptop version of an i7, however. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation