06-08-2009 08:45 PM
Hi, I got a 250 Gb Hitachi IDE internal hard drive, and got an IDE to SATA adapter for it to be able to use it in my new Pavillion A6750Y desktop. I've spoken with support, and was told I just need to plug the adapter to the back IDE slot on the back of the hard drive, and plug the SATA cable from it to any of the SATA ports on the motherboard. I did that, and also plugged the power on the adapter and the power on the hard drive (the 4 pin wide connector) using the cables from the power unit in the desktop. However, the hard drive is not recognized by the system. I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)