Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au136tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As the red box shows, it told me there's 2 slots. 
Few questions:

1. Is it actually 2 slots and accessible without voiding waranty?

If installing RAM will not void warranty, answer the following too:

2. How much can second RAM slot fits in?

3. How to physically access RAM slots?

Capture002.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

Page 1, 35: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05273198

Upto 16gb max (two 8gb sticks in two slots of exact same configuration, speed, voltage as given in manual and as already present one)

Crucial, Samsung, Hynix are good memory module brands.

It's pretty easy to upgrade but if you do it yourself and breaks something in the process, HP will not honor the warranty.

It is given non customer upgradeable, so I would definitely get help from certified HP technician for the upgrade.

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi,

Page 1, 35: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05273198

Upto 16gb max (two 8gb sticks in two slots of exact same configuration, speed, voltage as given in manual and as already present one)

Crucial, Samsung, Hynix are good memory module brands.

It's pretty easy to upgrade but if you do it yourself and breaks something in the process, HP will not honor the warranty.

It is given non customer upgradeable, so I would definitely get help from certified HP technician for the upgrade.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

So the best way is send the PC to HP technicians? (Warranty unaffected if going this way?)

I looked up the manual and found out replacing/installing a new RAM is quite complicated (since it needs you to remove battery, HDD, optical drive as well).

HP Recommended

Yes that would be it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.