Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-BA009DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How many memory slots does the HP 15-BA009DX have and is it upgradable (accesible)? Also what is the real maximum memory? Anyone tried putting in more than 8GB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the Service Manual:

Memory

Two non-customer-accessible/nonupgradable memory module slots DDR4-1866 dual channel support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4-2133, and DDR4-2133 downgrade to DDR4-1866)

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations

16384-MB total system memory (8192×2)[UMA models only]

Yours is a UMA model so can take 16 gigs. Memory replacement shown on page 42 and 46 of the Manual here: 

Manual

Needs DDR4-2133

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

From the Service Manual:

Memory

Two non-customer-accessible/nonupgradable memory module slots DDR4-1866 dual channel support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4-2133, and DDR4-2133 downgrade to DDR4-1866)

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations

16384-MB total system memory (8192×2)[UMA models only]

Yours is a UMA model so can take 16 gigs. Memory replacement shown on page 42 and 46 of the Manual here: 

Manual

Needs DDR4-2133

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer. I appreciate it!

HP Recommended

I was informed by a memory salesperson that the AMD Quad-Core A6-7310 APU only supports DDR3 memory types and the maximum memory this will support is only 8 GB. This totally contradicts what was previously posted here.

So my first question is DDR3 or DDR4?

2nd question: 8 or 16 GB maximum?

3rd question: Which is the best Crucial memory product that is recommended for HP Model 15-BA009DX?

HP Recommended

Well I am human. The Manual covers several different models and some are DDR3 and some are DDR4. You have to read the chart in the Manual carefully and I apparently did not.  See pages 2-3. The memory is DDR3L-1600 but it downclocks to DDR3L-1333. There are two slots and it can take 16 gigs of RAM. 

HP Recommended

Thank You for your swift reply.

But I still need ordering information for what will work.

Found this:

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM CT2KIT102464BF160B

• Brand: Crucial
  • Form Factor: SODIMM
  • Total Capacity: 16GB kit (8GBx2)
  • Warranty: Limited Lifetime
  • Specs: DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64 •
HP Recommended

You are best off buying by HP Part number:

8-GB 693374-005

4-GB 691740-005

https://www.amazon.com/HP-PC3L-12800-DDR3L-1600-SODIMM-Notebooks/dp/B00ILBWRRO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qi...

This crucial product appears to be equivalent:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148614 

HP Recommended

Thank You so very much and I'm sure this info will help a few more people.

HP Recommended

I upgraded the ram in my system today . Plug and play. No issues.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.