Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-BA009DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How many memory slots does the HP 15-BA009DX have and is it upgradable (accesible)? Also what is the real maximum memory? Anyone tried putting in more than 8GB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the Service Manual:

Memory

Two non-customer-accessible/nonupgradable memory module slots DDR4-1866 dual channel support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4-2133, and DDR4-2133 downgrade to DDR4-1866)

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations

16384-MB total system memory (8192×2)[UMA models only]

Yours is a UMA model so can take 16 gigs. Memory replacement shown on page 42 and 46 of the Manual here: 

Manual

Needs DDR4-2133

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

From the Service Manual:

Memory

Two non-customer-accessible/nonupgradable memory module slots DDR4-1866 dual channel support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4-2133, and DDR4-2133 downgrade to DDR4-1866)

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations

16384-MB total system memory (8192×2)[UMA models only]

Yours is a UMA model so can take 16 gigs. Memory replacement shown on page 42 and 46 of the Manual here: 

Manual

Needs DDR4-2133

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer. I appreciate it!

HP Recommended

I was informed by a memory salesperson that the AMD Quad-Core A6-7310 APU only supports DDR3 memory types and the maximum memory this will support is only 8 GB. This totally contradicts what was previously posted here.

So my first question is DDR3 or DDR4?

2nd question: 8 or 16 GB maximum?

3rd question: Which is the best Crucial memory product that is recommended for HP Model 15-BA009DX?

HP Recommended

Well I am human. The Manual covers several different models and some are DDR3 and some are DDR4. You have to read the chart in the Manual carefully and I apparently did not.  See pages 2-3. The memory is DDR3L-1600 but it downclocks to DDR3L-1333. There are two slots and it can take 16 gigs of RAM. 

HP Recommended

Thank You for your swift reply.

But I still need ordering information for what will work.

Found this:

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM CT2KIT102464BF160B

• Brand: Crucial
  • Form Factor: SODIMM
  • Total Capacity: 16GB kit (8GBx2)
  • Warranty: Limited Lifetime
  • Specs: DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64 •
HP Recommended

You are best off buying by HP Part number:

8-GB 693374-005

4-GB 691740-005

https://www.amazon.com/HP-PC3L-12800-DDR3L-1600-SODIMM-Notebooks/dp/B00ILBWRRO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qi...

This crucial product appears to be equivalent:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148614 

HP Recommended

Thank You so very much and I'm sure this info will help a few more people.

HP Recommended

I upgraded the ram in my system today . Plug and play. No issues.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.