Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My Keyboard is not working properly. Many keys(20) is not working. at first it was 4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

According to the message you have recently posted I would like to confirm that this is a hardware issue and I strongly recommend you to immediately Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are having issues with the Keyboard on your Notebook.
We will surely assist you with this.

Let’s start with a questions:
1. Was there any liquid split on the Notebook Keyboard
2. Is there any Dust settled on the Notebook Keyboard
3. Are there any Keys which are fallen off / Any Keys which are loose

Troubleshooting:
Step 01. Click on the Start Button and go to Control Panel
Step 02. Open the Device Manager and expand the Keyboard from the list
Step 03. Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and click on Uninstall
Note: This driver will get installed again automatically on your Notebook
Step 04. Please turn OFF the Notebook
Step 05. Un-plug the Power/AC Adapter and also remove the Battery too
Step 06. Press and Hold the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minute
Step 07. Now let's re-insert the battery back in and plug back the Power/AC Adapter
Step 08. Start the Notebook and keep tapping F10 Key during the startup to access the BIOS
Step 09. Once you get to the BIOS, Please press F9 or F5 Key[Model specific] to load setup defaults for the BIOS
Step 10. Use the arrow keys to say "YES" and hit enter
Step 11. Now let's press Esc/Escape Key. Save Changes and Exit - Yes
Step 12. Now please wait till the Unit loads the Windows Operating system

Please click on the below shown link to troubleshoot the issue with more ease
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03738933

Last but not the least could you please check and verify if External USB Keyboard works fine or not?

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I applied your method but my keyboard's still not working. i tried it several times but it did not work. external keyboard works properly. no liquid but only dust has fallen on my keyboard. please if you can give me more solutions specifically it would be a great help. thank you. 

HP Recommended

According to the message you have recently posted I would like to confirm that this is a hardware issue and I strongly recommend you to immediately Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Since this will reload the Windows operating system, will things get lost? and if so, what? I haven't recently set a system restore point, although I've done a backup of my files.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.