Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Kadenian,

Can you please reset the BIOS to defaults? For accessing the BIOS please keep tapping the F10 key when the Notebook starts up. Make sure that you immediately start tapping the F10 key as soon as there is power on the Notebook or else Windows will start loading. If it does not give you the BIOS Screen in your first attempt please try repeatedly. Once you are there, press the F9/F5 key to reset the BIOS to defaults. For new Notebooks it is the F9 key and for older Notebooks, it is F5. When you get a prompt for the same, press “Yes” and then press the F10 Button to choose the option “Save Changes and Exit” to get out of BIOS. Please do not choose any more options and let the Computer to boot back into Windows.

I am waiting to hear back from you.

!------------------- Please click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'. Please mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers/solves your problem. Thank you-----------------------------------------------------------------!

I am an HP Employee. 

HP Recommended

Hi Kadenian,

Can you please give me the Product Number or the Model Number of your Notebook so that I can try finding the necessary drivers and updates for your Notebook? Please do not provide the Serial Number publicly here as it is personal information. 

!-------------------Please click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'. Please mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers/solves your problem. Thank you-----------------------------------------------------------------!

I am an HP Employee. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry, I have been very busy these days.

Regarding to your indications, I've already restore the configuration in the BIOS and while every driver seems to be unistalled or unconfigured, the problem with my Keyboard, persists.

The information about my computer:

»HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC  
Product Number:   LM720AV 

ThanK you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

That's okay, no problems, I understand. Thank you for this information. In one of my previous posts, I had asked you whether you will be willing to perform a Recovery to take the computer back to factory settings to eliminate all software possibilities. Can you please go through that post again and let me know? I understand that you dont have a Recovery partition now but we can order for Recovery discs and I can assist you with performing recovery.

Please support me by clicking on the Kudos star if you like my post and “Accept as Solution” if my advice answered or helped your situation. These are the best ways in which you can thank me.

I am an HP Employee. 

HP Recommended
I am very interested in this topic, as I have a similar issue, except that that I have a number of keys not functioning at all. It all started a couple of days after a spill and on the other side of the keyboard (must mention that this keys are not as used "prtsc", "del", but also "b" and "n"). Tried the external keyboard, tried in BIOS to hear the beep, alas, to no effect. I still have the recovery partition... so, you are suggesting that it would be the only way to exclude software issues?
Velldryn
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.