07-26-2013 11:14 PM
Hi, my keyboard is all mixed up. the @ symbol is exchanged with the " symbol, the back slash is missing and instead of the back slash the # symbol is appearing when the back slash key is pressed. when the # key is pressed the £ symbol appears. Pls resolve asap.
07-29-2013 12:03 PM
This behavior sounds like the system is set for a language region other than what the system was designed for. This is most common English - UK and English - US.
What is the product number?
Try the steps in this document to verify that the system has the proper keyboard layout selected.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)