01-02-2013 09:00 AM
I bought a Pavillion g6 notebook a week ago, and at the last Windows 8 update patch, after reboot, the internal keyboard has stopped working.
An external usb keyboard works, but the internal keyboard is dead.
I assume there is a problem with the drivers in Windows8.
Has anyone come across the same issue ?
01-04-2013 07:45 AM
Can you let me know what the specific model Pavilion G6 you are using? Sounds like your missing a driver but I want to make sure I get you the appropriate driver you need.
01-07-2013 01:34 PM
The Product Number is C4M01EA#UUW. The system board ID is 183F.
The Model Name is HP Pavillion g6 Notebook PC.
It contains an Intel Core i5-3210M CPU and has 8Gb memory and Windows 8 preloaded on the internal disk.
I tried to recover the machine using the HP recovery Manager and the recovery manager has stuck into some loop, where it cant recover the system.
So, after a weeks use, the machine is a piece of brick.
The machine does not have a Microsoft serial number attached (like all the other HP machines have) so I can't change disk and use another copy of Windows 8.
How should I go ahead ?
Thanks for any help!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)