Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion p001tx 3rd Gen
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Dear HP,

I am ex-Employee of HP worked for many years and big fan of HP. 

I bought HP Pavilion P001tx in Nov 2014.

question;

1. Can you exchange or upgrade keyboard with backlight one?

2. Can you exchange or upgrade keyboard Normal Hard Disk 1TB with SSHD 1TB?

WebCam is too dull...

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You misunderstand my role here. I do not work for HP and I am not the order desk. I am a fellow end user. The laptop has a backup and recovery program installed from which you can make recovery disks or a thumb drive to reinstall factory software on a new hard drive or SSD or SSHD. 

You are going to have to locate an SSHD and arrange to have it installed. HP does not offer that service and I also do not, of course. It may impact your warranty. If you let us know your country of residence we can help locate a good deal on the parts you want.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to hekp others find it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

None of the optional keyboards is backlit so there is no port on the motherboard for a backlight cable and no part to install. 

Yes, the hard drive can be replaced with any 2.5 inch wide and 9.5 mm or 7 mm thick SSHD or full solid state drive. See p. 105 of the manual. It is a pretty involved thing to do but can be done. Post back if you need more help. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

1.  I am bit disappointed with keyboard backlight not supporting by HP.

2. For replacement of HDD with SSHD, will there be any issue of Drive D with Windows 8.1 OS preinstalled by HP. May I know how to take backup or copy to new storage.

What would be cost of for SSHD, will there be any exchange offer from HP?

Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Prabhudev Mathapati

HP Recommended

You misunderstand my role here. I do not work for HP and I am not the order desk. I am a fellow end user. The laptop has a backup and recovery program installed from which you can make recovery disks or a thumb drive to reinstall factory software on a new hard drive or SSD or SSHD. 

You are going to have to locate an SSHD and arrange to have it installed. HP does not offer that service and I also do not, of course. It may impact your warranty. If you let us know your country of residence we can help locate a good deal on the parts you want.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to hekp others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

Sorry, I misunderstood you are from HP support team.

Let me get in touch with local HP support team in India.

Regards,

Prabhudev Mathapati

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.