05-08-2013 03:39 PM
The LGA 775 socket is a desktop socket, so I'm guessing you're talking about a desktop processor needing a new fan.
That said, the best thing to do would be to contact HP Support - 800-474-6836 - and get a new fan that is designed to work in your system. Third-party fans are available, but their compatibility with your system cannot be guaranteed.
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)