Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-al106tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Customer Service,

My laptop HP PAvilion - 14-al106TX was bought on two month ago.Recently I found my laptop battery Draining Fast which seems like unreasonable, Once laptop fully changed when I unplug the charger after 6 to 8 hour my battery capacity from 100% drop to 88% while it was off during that moment.

That was the reason I suspect my battery may have problems, therefore could you please help to advice whether it is a defect battery?

Looking forward to your favorable reply soon.

Thank you.

ZL1

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ZL1,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the laptop battery is discharging quickly and you would need assistance in resolving this concern,

I have a few suggestions for you,

You will need to Understand Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology: Click here for details

Resetting the ACPI battery driver may take care of this. There will be a hard reset mixed in as well, so the two methods combined typically help a lot with battery issues.

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer.

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

If this had an impact, it should behave differently.

If not, Press the power button and then tap the F2 key to invoke the startup menu.

Choose and click on the F10 key to invoke the BIOS.

Use the System Configuration tab. Disable USB Charging and press the F10 key to save the changes and boot into Windows.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.