Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
DV6206US
Microsoft Windows Vista

Is there a place on the internet, that I can go to, that will tell me if the current Bios I have is up to date.

I went to HP.com and it showed my DV6206US, but in downloads there was no software at all, and no bios update.

My bios boot screen says F.13

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured-out that when at the download site for my model,

I needed to click on "change",

(even though the correct OS was selected),

and then all the drivers & bios show.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @OldGrampa,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with getting the BIOS update. I will be glad to help you.

Here is a link to download the latest BIOS update for your computer.

WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with AMD Processors) - Microsoft Windows/Vista-B...

You can find all the latest drivers for your computer at support.hp.com.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I downloaded the file you provided, sp48125.exe. Is there a way I can go to the place where this file resides, on the HP site? Also, what Bios version is this? Thank you for any comments. OldGrampa
HP Recommended

I figured-out that when at the download site for my model,

I needed to click on "change",

(even though the correct OS was selected),

and then all the drivers & bios show.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.