Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My keaybord and touch pad..bot inbuilt and extrnl are not working.

I'd tried what you had told....but it diesn't fixses the problem....please tell something else!

prob. screenshotprob. screenshot

HP Recommended
Me too with the same problem please any idea to solve it.... Please reply
HP Recommended
Hello! please I have an HP 2000 laptop and its causing me some trouble. the keyboard and mouse buttons work while its coming on, but when its on, they cease to function. the only button that seems to work is the power button. please help me out sir. thanks.
HP Recommended

i installes a fresh windows on, then i updated windows 7pro, now windows wont recognize mouse or keyboard, not build in nor buildin. how to fix? does a bios update solve it? i cannot use mouse under windows, nor keyboard, so the update biod exe is useless because i cannot execute it. how to update bios without windows?

HP Recommended
Thanks for information its work now ..... I will check its continue work or after few days stop again .
HP Recommended

Sir I’ve taken my time to go through the replies but none of them helps. 

I’m using windows 10. All of a sudden, the cursor started floating although it stays still when i press the Page-Up key. 

I ran a full virus scan, it didn’t help. 

Then I use Driver Easy to upgrade the mouse driver. 

Restarted it and both the keyboard and mouse stopped responding. 

I can’t even enter my password, let alone logging in. 

Although tapping ESC while booting it, works... But it still doesn’t help... 

I’m waiting patiently for your responses. 

Please Help. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.