Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion g6 2229TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

IMAGE ATTACHED.

laptop1.JPG

My Laptop top panel has a mouth widen on right side corner.

Need info to how to fix it. 

Can i fix it with just open apart and fix again or will i need any new top\bottom panel to fix it

Kindly confirm. 

laptop2.JPG

IMAGE ATTACHED.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, since you are out of warranty we can provide repair advice but the pictures you posted are kind of dark and hard to see. If the corner of the laptop is coming apart near the hinges it is likely a screen hinge issue. We can walk you through diagnosis and help you locate any parts but the prior post is likely correct that if you do not wish to do it yourself and need a technician to do it for a fee, it is not going to be cheap. 

Post back if you need any more help. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Prem_f5

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to provide any repair advice, as we are not HP Techincal Support.

While you can certainly contact HP Techincal Support for such advice, if your PC is out of warranty, you will be charged a fee before they will even talk with you.

So, it's probably going to cost the same if you take the laptop to a local repair facility and see what they say.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Well, since you are out of warranty we can provide repair advice but the pictures you posted are kind of dark and hard to see. If the corner of the laptop is coming apart near the hinges it is likely a screen hinge issue. We can walk you through diagnosis and help you locate any parts but the prior post is likely correct that if you do not wish to do it yourself and need a technician to do it for a fee, it is not going to be cheap. 

Post back if you need any more help. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Kindly guide me through on how to fix it on my own.

I can order parts online and fix it myself.

Kindly guide on same and let me know if any further info needed. 

HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

By reference to pictures in the Manual by page tell me where it is broken and what is happening. Look for missing screws. 

Once I figure out just what the problem is we can focus on getting parts and repair instructions. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The top panel from page 6 view has came out and its edging out.

Page 13 - The area on right hand speaker is edged out. Edging out i mean as like panel mouth open. 

I dont see any screws missing.

HP Recommended

As you sit at the keyboard, the top cover in the upper right hand corner, under the screen and next to the hinge, is separating from the base enclosure? There is a screw that comes up from the bottom and screws into a mounting point in the bottom of the top cover. See page 59. It would be the screw with the arrow on the far left pointing to it. If you can still see the head of that screw in the hole in the bottom cover there are a couple explanations. The (too) easy one is that the screw has come loose. Hold the top cover and the base enclosure together and get a screwdriver on the screw and see if you can get it to tighten. If not the mounting point in the top cover has gotten stripped and the whole top cover needs replaced and likely the hinges. Post back after you try tightening the screw. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried to tighten the bottom screws but it did not help.

As you say on second case,i need to replace whole top cover and hinges.

Please share some info on how to replace it.

Thanks

Prem.

Your reply:

If not the mounting point in the top cover has gotten stripped and the whole top cover needs replaced and likely the hinges. Post back after you try tightening the screw. 

HP Recommended

It's all in the Service Manual I posted above. Parts list and installation instructions. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.