Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have a hp g62-457dx laptop and when i turn it on, it states the fan is not working correctly, then shuts down after 15 seconds or continues to windows if you press enter.  I cleaned all the air vent with compressed air and still get same mesage when i power up.  how do i open the unit and check/replace the fan myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Dragon58,

I understand you’re experiencing overheating issues with your laptop.

Here is the service & maintenance guide for your computer. Go to page 77 and that will give you the instruction on how to get to the fan.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

Hello Dragon58,

I understand you’re experiencing overheating issues with your laptop.

Here is the service & maintenance guide for your computer. Go to page 77 and that will give you the instruction on how to get to the fan.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Hello RedRose0528,

Thank you for the information. There is just one more thing that I want to do but get conflicting info on.  The system specs states that I have 4 GB ddr3 memory (2 DIMM).  It doesn't tell me what the mHZ is.  When I took off the cover of the memory, a tag on on it states Kingston PC3 10600s.  I was told it was 1067 mHz.  Which is correct and do I have to replace the memory in pairs or can I mix the (ex: 4GB & 2GB or 4GB & 4GB)

HP Recommended

Dragon58,

According to the service guide and some other information I found, the board does accept 1066 MHz Ram, i haven't seen written documentation telling me it would support 1067 MHz so I would stick with 1066. Also you don't have to replace memory in pairs you can do 1 stick at a time mix them it wouldn't hurt. 

Hope this answers your question 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Again, thank you for the information RedRose0528.  I appreciate all your help.

HP Recommended
I have the same thing happen to me on a brand new laptop i just bought from HP saying cooling fan isnot working properly
HP Recommended

Hello Lauriehh,

What is your product number?  If it is new, it is covered by warranty and you can call in and speak to a rep to help troubleshoot.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, begin Here.

Please let me know if you decide to call - if you reply with your product number, I'll do my best to help.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion g7 Windows 8 laptop which just started haveing this same problem. Can you please tell me how to fix this. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello BBmama13,

I saw your post and would like to help you.

If your product is still under warranty call into HP and ask for a rep to help you troubleshoot. 

What is the product number? Please click here for instructions on how to find it.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping! 

Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it. 
I work on behalf of HP.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

When I contacted tech support they wanted me to send the laptop and recovery disc because they will also be cleaning the hard drive so it is the way it comes from the factory. No way did I want to send it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.