Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I recently got my laptop back from repairs, and found a really strange error on it. It seems that I now have two numpads, one which is the usual one, and one which is centered on the i key. This means if i try to type any of the letters u i o j k l and m, I get 4 5 6 1 2 3 and 0 instead.I'm not entirely sure this is an hardware error or if it's some driver, but the driver is 2½ years old, so I guess it should be the same as before.

Any clues? Will I have to hand it in again? 

The laptop is a DV9093ea.

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended
i'm having the same problem.  did you get your issue resolved?  if so, how?
HP Recommended

Press the FN key and hold. And press num lock once, your keyboard is back.

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue but slightly different than shown here:

When I type z, z1 is shown or x, x2 is shown, etc.

It's really an annoying problem and i have tried the solutions shown here.  Any help is appreciated!

It's really an annoying problem and i have tried the solutions shown here.  Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance

HP Recommended

Hey Did you find a solution to your problem? I have the sam7e problem7

HP Recommended

Um..try pressing the num lock button?

HP Recommended

Does it matter which function key?

HP Recommended

When I type i get " instead of the at symbol and / instead of the pound symbol and É instead of a question mark.  How do I reset this as it is real hard to send an email when i cant even type the at symbol at all

HP Recommended

Hi there my keyboard gives wrong displays example when I press the shift and 2 to get the at sign I get " sign.  How do I fix this? Have tried fn and number lock but it doesn't work.  Very annoying.  Who can help please????

HP Recommended

IM ALSO GETTING THE SAME PROBLEM DID U GET TO KNOW HOW TO SOLVE IT??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.