04-20-2013 04:34 PM
1) HP Presario CQ57
2) Windows 7 64
Whenever I play games on my laptop (i.e. Civilization 5, Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim) after a few minutes my laptop screen fades into black and slowly turns off. When I turn it back on it tells me it has turned off to prevent overheating. While I appreciate this feature, it is very bothersome and affects my gameplay greatly. I use a "game booster" that supposedly helps the game on lower end PCs like mine but it does not seem to help the issue either way. I also prop my laptop up at about a 35 or 45 degree angle off of my desk, however it still does not prevent the issue (although it helps). I've cleaned the fan on one occasion and it did not seem to help. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you in advance.
04-21-2013 10:22 AM
We need to know the exact model laptop you have to figure out its specs. The games you list are not horribly demanding but would be a stretch for a lower end laptop like the CQ57 assuming it uses the AMD HD6250 graphics....it meets the minimum specs for Civ 5, for example but is short of the recommended specs.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)