Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message after the weekend from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details)

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Cheers,

KarolB

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

I have this same issue. My left side hinge is broken and it also sounds like whatever plastic piece broke, is interfering with my fan and it's rattling around inside the laptop. I have another year of my warranty (until 2015), but the website said my tech support for the online contact instead of the phone call has expired. 

HP Recommended

Hi SushiSinger,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message after the weekend from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details)

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I have had the same issue with HP regarding my HP envy Sleekbook 6 PC. The hinge gave way. I had posted this complaint way back on the 21st March 2014 in this same thread. I contacted the HP service centre and they said the same story that they would charge me 400$ regarding the same hinge issue. The funny thing is that I could see the glue right behind the hinge which is clearly a manufacturing defect on HP's part. 

However I continued using the laptop by opening the hinge myself and then fitting it by attaching a paper so that it can hold on in a sterdy manner. Now I am thinking about going ahead and taking the matter ahead after reading the consumer laws here in the US.  Did  not expect this from HP. Dissapointed!!

HP Recommended

Hi Moderator,

I am waiting for your reply. It's agenuine known concern and I want HP to sort this out with me. Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Hi @bhaveshv ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks Kevin. Looking forward to hearing back from HP.
HP Recommended

Can't believe a company that makes something so high tech can overlook something so simple as a hinge. This issue has just affected my hp envy m6 after a year and a quarter of regular use (of course, my warranty lasted a year). The plastic on the left hinge has come apart and tries to seperate further when attempting to close the laptop, which also seperates the plastic from the back of the screen.

This is incredibly frustrating as I have to use my laptop heavily in preperation for my upcoming exams; an already stressful task without worrying if the laptop will destroy itself completely if I close it.

It's disheartening to see how much it will cost for hp to fix their faulty products. However, after my last hp laptop's hinges broke several years ago, I should have seen this coming. Though I'd have thought they'd have worked out how to make their laptops not break through around a year's worth of normal use

HP Recommended

@Wenjan ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Yeah I have the same problem. 2nd year in and have never dropped or mis-used in any way. Actually the left hinge has interfered with something inside rendering my computer completely useless. Still works fine just have a black screen.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.