Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY m6-1203so
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

The hinges that support the screen have cracked open the frame and are now bulging out. I have never used my laptop in a way that would damage it, so I believe this to be a manufacturing issue. Can anything be done about this? My laptop functions very well otherwise, and I would hate to have to replace it because of this issue. 

The issue started approximately a year after I bought it. I did not, however, do anything about it back then as I thought it wouldn't cause any future problems. 

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Merve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

If your computer is still under warranty, call HP Support's number 1800 474 6836. They will ask for the serial and product number of your computer and create a case number for you. Most likely they are going to send it for repair.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

If your computer is still under warranty, call HP Support's number 1800 474 6836. They will ask for the serial and product number of your computer and create a case number for you. Most likely they are going to send it for repair.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Hi Ichi,

I've been contacted by a Support Agent and he's helping me out. 

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Hello merveates,  

Keep posting back if you get a chance, and let the forum users here know how it turns out.   If you haven't already discovered the mountain of info about hp's defective hinges, here's a starting point.....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Defective-Hinges-on-HP-Laptops-...

That's the story of my experience with hp...   I keep hoping hp will step up and fix this issue responsibly, but so far, they play numbers games, charging anywhere from $130 to more than $300 to fix their own design flaw.  Obviously, I'm a smidge disgruntled, but I sincerely hope you have a better experience.  I'd love to be able to once again believe in HP!

Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes!

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.