07-17-2013 01:01 PM
Product Name and Number: HP Pavilion G6, model g6t-2000
Operating system: Windows 7
My laptop won't charge when its plugged in and turned on, however... it does seem to build up a charge (quite slowly) when it is turned off, or closed.
I plugged in two other HP chargers to see if it was just my charger that wasn't working, and neither of them charged it either.
I have all of my work backed up but I depend on being able to use my laptop at work, any input is appreciated.
07-17-2013 09:42 PM - edited 07-17-2013 09:43 PM
Based on similar descriptions elsewhere, one possible cause is a bad MOSFET in the charging circuit on the motherboard. Might also be a loose power jack, although that seems less likely.
I've also read about some possible software causes related to Windows, but this sounds more like a hardware problem.
(just my $0.02; I'm not an expert)
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)