11-14-2009 01:43 PM
I have a Compaq Presario CQ50 and just ordered a replacement battery. When I get it, I plan on only using it when I need to. The problem is, my laptop is not seeming to be able to run on solely AC power. Every other laptop I know is capable of running without the battery in it, so I'm thinking that either my budget-priced laptop was designed poorly and is incapable of this feature, or that something is wrong with my laptop and I need to send it in.
To be precise, it does actually run for a few seconds on AC power, when I boot it up. But when Windows tries to start, it shuts off. Just a detail worth mentioning.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)