Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I totally agree wiith you. I was quoted a nonsensical price that can get me a new second hand laptop. 

I really can't believe HP won't honor a design flaw which is obviously their issue as evident by the thousands of complaints found online.

Anyway to share my horrid experience. I got in contact with one of their service rep which gave reasons like "its not their design issues, this is not the model which I saw online, Sorrry but your product number isn't the same as what you read on forum" etc. All kinds of reasons just to get me to accept that ITS NON of their fault, but no solution was given other than to pay USD260 to get it repaired. 

In the end, I gave up trying to get a resolution. I'm going to get another laptop once I graduate from College in 2 months and you know what? HP is not gonna be in my consideration. despite my laptop serving me reasonably well over my college years, this experience really taint my trust in how their handle their own mistakes.

HP Recommended

Thank you!  

HP Recommended

I experienced the same problem a few days ago. I have a HP 2000 and I opened it all the sudden I heard this crack in the top left corner and the screws are still in but apparently it looks like the plastic is poorly designed and cracked.  This laptop has never been dropped. I initially came on to search a way to fix a broken laptop corner and automatically a lot of results for HP laptops popped up and I realized it is a design flaw. I am a medical student studying on school loans and part-time jobs. It would be nice to see the same generousity that HP showed to Albert, to show to me. I will try and contact them and come back and post on this forum how it went.

HP Recommended

I did a google on HP 2000 hinge problem and I didnt find anything much. its not even a major problem like my laptop serieis (pavillion m6 and dv6 etc). Since they failed to even offer any help to me (giving me lots of excuses and all) and denying all responsibility for the design flaws. I highly doubt they will do anything for you. Otherwise, I highly suspect the HP support in my country to be of lousy standard as I believe they are outsourced to a certain country (and they really have different standards from those in the Europe/US region).

I have since changed to DELL and is happy with my Dell XPS series that is so much better (at the moment) despite it being more expensive. Even though I had wanted to get HP laptop since my m6 broken hinge, it anger me whenever I'm reminded of this incident, and I will never stop to discourage any of my friends and/or relatives from getting a HP products. Good job HP, you did not just lose a customer but you also gained an enemy of HP. 

HP Recommended

@DrJohnMD

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I enquired at the hp service center and they asked me to change the entire screen cover, which is too costly. Please help.

HP Recommended
they won't help. nobody got back to me. it's just a standard reply to make it seems like they did something. zzzzz and you know even if they did contact you, they will ask you to pay for the repair
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with my HP Envy DV6-7398ca laptop. 

Although the hinge is not broken, the lower frame that encases the screen is cracked on both sides just above the hinges.  Moreover, the right side of the outer cover on the back side of the screen is cracked just below the round lighted HP logo. 

The unit is out of warranty.  However, I agree with the other posters that these cracks resulted from a design flaw and am requesting some assistance from HP to recitify the situation. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@JimFromATL

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello ,

I have actually had the same issue with my HP laptop   HP Notebook - 15q-bu012tx which is just one year old. Once i have closed the laptop and  opened it again ,i can observe that it effects the part of the laptop near the hinges and creates some tension there and the screws next to hinges fall off very often  .This has resulted in a serious pain while opening the laptop and a very small crack near the hinges has appeared and it opens up on the left end very often  .It might  become even bigger if it continues.It seems like a design issue simialr to the other HP laptops but my warrenty period is over just a month back!! so how can i proceed with this issue .It would be great if i could get any help !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.