Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
I felt that HP should pay for the entire cost of the repair.
I advise anyone dealing with this issue to not accept the first offer that HP makes.

I negotiated a deal that was broader in scope than the left hinge and while I don't want to post the details of that agreement people might be very surprised how good of a deal you can get by being firm but reasonable.
HP Recommended
Hi guys. I have exactly the same problem. Noticed the left corner screw keeps popping out and every time I opened the laptop the back cover opens wide around 3 to 4 mm and thats wide enough if the rest of the screws are intact. I inspected it and I think its because of the weak design of the back cover which holds the hinge. This is a definite factory defect and hp should do an unconditional recall of these units. I was hoping to get a spectre for my wife but now I have doubts of HP s after sales policies and quality.
HP Recommended
Yea, I had put down like 800 for my Envy about two years ago... After 1 year 6 months my hard drive went bad, had to replace. 6 months later my 1080p screen is glitching out. I still haven't replaced. Right after the screen, this hinge starts splitting my laptop. I don't think I'll be getting another HP. I probably should have just dropped another 300 for a macbook....
HP Recommended
Reply to that same email again with the same info Natasha. Someone should have called you within a few days.
HP Recommended
Mine started this about a month ago! Damit! Somethings even rattling around in there!
HP Recommended
It's a nut that's rolling around, if you look in the hole you will see that the screw is missing.
HP Recommended
Is this expensive to have fixed?
HP Recommended

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A HP PRODUCT AGAIN! Their customer care department is very unprofessional because I had to call them over 4 times due to them disconnectig me.  My issue is that I purchased this computer in April 2015 and because Im very gentle and barely use my laptop, I decided  not to continue my extended warranty on hardware. I've used this laptop less then 20 times in the past year due to me being in the hospital most of the time. One day last week as I tried to open up my laptop, and noticed that it was difficult to do because the left hinge separated from the bottom cover. I went to Best Buy (where I purchased my laptop) and he told me that Best Buy has seen many laptops come back to them like this because the screws at the bottom has worn out the cheap plastic on the case cover. He suggested that since I did not purchase the extended warranty 5 months ago, I should contact HP because it has been an on-going issue that they have seen.

Today, I've been trying to get in touch with someone who can resolve this issue because I've spent over $1000 (including warranty's) on this laptop (when I first purchased it). First of all, it saddens me that an HP product did not even last 1 full year. If I was using it more often, I'm sure the hinges would've fallen apart sooner (as I've seen others complain that theirs fell apart after 4 months of so). The customer care representative told me that no-one has made a complaint about this issue; therefore, I will be responsible for paying for it out of pocket. I then asked to speak to a supervisor.

I've just spoken with a supervisor who tells me that it will cost me at least $300 for them to pick up this laptop and order a new casing. He kept reitterating that because the warranty has expired, there's nothing else that he can do.

He did not seem to care that he will be losing a future HP customer. When I told him that I saw many, many complaints on-line, he said that people make up false complaints all the time and will post fake pictures of damages. I told him its hard for me to believe that because I am a customer who is truly complaining about their cheap product and the exact same issue. DO NOT DO PURCHASE HP PRODUCTS ANYMORE. GO WITH DELL OR SOMEONE ELSE WHO VALUES THEIR CUSTOMERS.

HP Defect.jpgHP Defect2.jpgHP Defect1.jpg

HP Recommended

@pissedcust2mer

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@ Molly78, Please see my post below. They quoted me approximately $300 for them to pick it up and replace the cover. I believe you have to pay up front first, via telephone, then they will pick up from your home via FedEx or UPS or something. I did not proceed with this because I will take it into Walmart Tech support center or another computer shop to see what they will quote. Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.