Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have exact the same problem.

The only anwser that I have from HP is that my warranty is over and I need to pay to fix it.

This is clearly a design flaw, because everyone with this HP Envy Models is having this problem, but the solution can be costly.... :Crying:

HP Recommended
Hello, I've got an Hp Envy touchsmart 17 with the same hinge issue reported. It is now on both hinges and the case has a gap on both sides. What is the fix for this? I have tried to price it being fixed, and most places want to charge $200 or more. I see this is a persistent issue with this model, does HP take responsibility for this flaw and fix it or is this under recall? A quick response would be appreciated.
HP Recommended

FYI

HP repaired my machine because I have an extended care package, purchased at the same time I ordered the laptop. picked up from home and returned three days later.

Actions Performed:-

Replaced TOP COVER/Replaced FAN/Replaced ASSY BASE ENCLOSURE.

Comments:-

Top cover, base enclosure and fan replaced for damaged hinge screw boss.

I hope this is of some help, even if it's just what parts you will need to repair.

Nick

HP Recommended

Guys,

They are not gonna accept it as design flaw or do a recall.

The cust service is responsive though.

Pay for repairs and sell it. That's the best I can suggest.

Even if under warranty,get it fixed and then...

I went thru same process,fixed  and bbbbye bbyee

HP Recommended

@JohnCand

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Hey, I'm running into the same issue with the left hinge and bottom case there coming loose. The HP Envy I have is still under warranty, can you put me into contact with the proper team to have this issue resolved? Response is appreciated, Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Rwolfy

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Count me in...  The left hinge is so tight that the screw broke the fitting.  Is there any help out there?

HP Recommended

@sagebrusher

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Dear Hp

I haven't even had my Laptop for a full year and I have this same problem is there any way to fix it? My warrenty had expired and then I started to notice the corner popping off very slightly and as time went on it progresseivly got worse and worse. I havent treated my laptop bad. Please let me know as soon as you can. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.