02-03-2014 08:51 PM
One of my son's friends slammed my Pavilion dv5000 lid closed with a newspaper at the left hinge which broke it. I've since replaced the hinge but had to replace the back screen cover too. Now when I close the lid the computer stays on. I did find a post asking where the sensor is with an answer of "at the hinge". I don't recall seeing any type of switch or sensor on either hinge. Anyone have info on exactly where this is or a diagram showing it's location? Any help is appreciated.
02-06-2014 02:00 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!
I understand the computer does not sleep after the lid is closed, since it was slammed. I've look at this computer and I haven't been able to locate any obvious sensors in any hinges. I would call HP directly and see what they suggest. They might want to service the computer. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)