Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
I have a similar problem office this charging; my hp laptop has stopped charging and I have tried another charger, put another battery and couldn't charge
HP Recommended
I am facing the same problem with my hp too. But today I managed to resolder the charging pot legs on the board . really I have recoupled the system but I am still frightend to put the ac adpter! Iwant to know If you have fix yours.
HP Recommended

I have a HP G61 and the charging port has become loose, it makes it hard to get the charging cord to work sometimes. I think I may have trashed a good cord over this issue.

Can you tell me what I would need to fix this and is it something I can do or would it have to be taken in and approximately how much it would cost?

HP Recommended

After dealing with port problems on my HP mini 210 notebook for 1 1/2 yr I feel a though i'm 'an unqualified expert'.  At first a new cord worked for me, and of course that could be your problem. But after a few months the problem resurfaced and  a second new cord would no longer light my charging port.

I watched a excellent video about replacing the port. however it envolved soldering irons, getting a new port, and wearing an anti static band. I felt it was a path too risky for me to go down.

This is the best 'fix' i've found. It will need to be experimented with it (so be persistant) and will need to redo it every so often if you're going to continue to plug and unplug your cord into the port.

Get some double stix scotch tape and some alumium foil. Cut a piece of foil a bit longer than the silver cylinder on your charger cord, roll it to about 3 thickness, and flatten. it should be about 1/8 inch wide. Apply this strip vertically to the silver part of your charger using the double stix tape and then wrap a thin piece of electrical tape (i used faux stuff from the $store) around the base. So you will end up with a vertical foil strip covering 1/3 to 1/2 of diameter of the silver cylinder on your cord. press down well. Alternatively i think you could use super glue.

you may have to experiment with this process before finding the right thickness and method. at one point I literally lost that little 'gold' prong' which is usually visable inside the port. I just gave my mini notebook a good 'spanking' and it reappeared.

If this posting sounds like the work of a mad woman who knows nothing about computers, it is. But this worked beautifully for me and i trust with some patience it will also work for you.

One caution: if you're going to dig around in your port be sure to take out the battery first. good luck.

HP Recommended

I have an HP G60 laptop with the problem of the loose charger port which now will not charge.  How do I open the G60 to access the loose port to determine fix?  Thanks You

HP Recommended

I forgot to include the  model number  G60-535DX.  Again the problem is the loose and probably disconnected charging port.  How do I gain access to investigate the possibility for repair.  Thanks, Bill

HP Recommended

Model G60-535DX

I need to identify parts to repair loose d.c. charger port.  I also need informnation to gain access to this port internally to determine extent and method of repair.  Any information wil  be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Bill 

HP Recommended

My model # is hpenvy15x360pc. Do I have the cable or need to solder?

HP Recommended
Same problem... Mine is a 15-p213cl what part do I need and is it able to be detached from the motherboard easily. Hp service manual for this series would sure help...
HP Recommended

Please start your own thread for a better chance at receiving help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.