Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My charging port has become a little loose. I was wondering if there was a way to fix it without soldering. It's still working just fine, I was just hoping to find a simpler way to tighten it before it does break. How much to fix in a shop?

Is there any kind of parts break down available for HP laptops?

I read a thread below stating that is isn't part of the warranty, and know if it gets worse I will not be able to charge the battery. 

Thanks for any insight.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

The warranty does not cover problems with the power pin port. There is nothing you can do to tighten it up short of soldering and you never reuse the old module....always get a new one. The price for the repair has stabilized on the internet and in shops that can do it (which are few and far between) at $100-150 US. HP does not do or even acknowledge that this repair exists. If you send it to HP you would get a new motherboard. I encourage you to live with it until the battery stops charging, which is when the problem must be repaired.

Service Manuals for all HP laptops are posted here and they all have an exploded diagram and parts list, but the power pin module is not a separate numbered HP part; you buy them from the Internet/eBay. If I knew your model number I could link you right to the Manual.

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer for the reply. The power port is a different post by someone else on the forums, it's not me.

My screen/display is loose  on the hinges, I want to find out how to repair the issued.

HP Recommended

First of all please post what model laptop it is that has the loose d/c jack. The d/c jack is not always on the system board itself but is a power a harness that you can replace. So if you can post the model of laptop then i can tell you exactly what part you will need. Like all the dv2000/v3000, dv6000,v6000, dv9000, dv2-, 3-, cq50, g60, dv5-, dv7- well to get my point across most newer say 2006 on up to laptops all have cables you replace to fix the d/c jack.

HP Recommended

I have an hpdv2000 my old Dell had the same issue and they wanted $500 for a new motherboard.....it eventually crashed but HP is just as bad,,,what plug would i need to fix mine.

thanks!

HP Recommended

the part number for the d/c jack is and you can get it from the hp partstore. no the service guide for this unit can be downloaded from hp also. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035657.pdf

430462-001   In stock  
DC power cable (discrete) - $49.40

HP Recommended

Hi i saw the post about the  loose charging port  my   hp dv7  has developed this problem and is no longer  charging  the batttery  please tell me there is an esasy fix and  where to go  to  purchase the  part  i have friends that can fix it  if  we know  that the part exists where to go to get it and the skematics for the  repair

HP Recommended

i have a g71  345 cl laptop

it was purchased on black friday at sams club and was given to my daughter as a Christmas present - so it has been in use for roughly 4 months - the power jack - where the charger cable plugs in is very loose and does not work about half the time -my questions are - is there a replacement part for this - would it be covered under warranty - would it be something i could fix by myself (with replacement part)

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi I have an HP centrino and the serial number is hp 451714-001 on the battery I need the part number for the charging port so I can fix the problem.

HP Recommended

am using  an hp 6735s and the charging port is not working, i checked the charging port its not supplying to the mother board what can i do or how do i fix it i want to know if the problem if from the port or from the board.....

Thanks..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.