Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I'll still bet $10 that some Product Manager thought that it was a great idea.

JOKE ALERT...

Product Manger: "BigBoxCo wants a Laptop just like the m7-n100 but needs a retail price of $999"

Engineer: "We sell the m7-n100 for $1200 retail, how can we justify selling it for less at BigBoxCo?"

Product Manager: "Remove some parts we aren't using."

Engineer: "It will cost way too much time and money to redesign the motherboard!"

Product Manger: "Just disable some stuff"

Engineer: "That's a stupid idea, what stuff would we disable?"

Product Manager: "Disable every unused connector."

Engineer: "That's really a stupid idea. Why in the world would we disable something we spend months getting to work?"

[after a few moments pause]

Product Manager: "I'll call a meeting with the boss, just think of the increased unit sales, I'll get a raise"

Engineer: "I hate my job!"

END JOKE...

I used to work for a company that did this with modems and it really pissed me off as an engineer.

jeff

HP Recommended

Below are two pictures of SSDs I have tried most recently.

The first is of the AData card I purchased from Amazon.  

The Second is the part I ordered from HP parts.  I looked up the part number on page 51 of the service manual.  It appears to be a Samsung card based on the bottom of the label.

None of the five cards I have purchased worked in either of the two m7-n109dx computers at my disposal.

• Samsung 950 Pro (I know, this will never work)
  • Samsung 850 EVO - 120 
  • Samsung 850 EVO - 250
  • Generic 128 GB SATA
  • AData 256 GB
  • HP 512GB

jeff

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

HP Recommended

I know that I'm not the only one who has this discussion bookmarked.

While I myself haven't decided to upgrade the storage of my 17-n108tx, I did buy it with the understanding that I could in the future.

Having a functioning M.2 port was one of the reasons I chose HP.

Given that HP physically remove the 2.5" HDD brackets from the M.2 SSD-only model, I can only pray that your joke isn't closer to the truth than we think.

PS: whose bright idea was it to hide the advanced BIOS options, anyway?

HP Recommended

I removed the serial numbers of the pictures and re uploaded them

jeff

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

HP Recommended
I just bought an Envy 17t-n000 with a single 1TB HDD from Amazon. The whole reason I chose it was I like the exterior design; it comes with Windows 7 Professional x64 (I just returned an Acer Aspire V 17 Nitro I bought from Newegg, because I HATED Windows 10!), and because I thought it supported an M.2 SSD, as well as dual 2.5" SSDs.

If I buy an M.2 SATA III SSD, and I can't even get the laptop to recognize it, I'm going to be REALLY upset with HP, and I'll think twice before ever buying another HP product.
HP Recommended

@GT_46L

Look around in the BIOS for M.2 support. Post back your results.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
I'll check the BIOS - as soon as I get it!

UPS shows tomorrow as the scheduled delivery date.
HP Recommended

Yeah, so I finally got around to doing a little "digging" in this laptop (Envy 17t-n000 CTO):

Under Boot Option Menu, it lists the following -

Boot From EFI File

Notebook Hard Drive

In the BIOS, Under Boot Options, Legacy Support is Enabled.

Then it says:

UEFI Boot Order (I think it said because Lagacy Support is enabled, UEFI Boot is always given priority over Legacy Boot)

OS boot Manager

Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive

USB Diskette on Key/USB Disk

USB CD/DVD ROM Drive

! Network Adapter

Legacy Boot Order

Notebook Hard Drive

Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive

USB Diskette on Key/USB Stick

USB CD/DVD ROM Drive

! Network Adapter

Not sure what Network Adapter is, but the (!) indicates it's disabled. I see nothing about a SSD (2.5" or M.2), but I'm assuming (hoping) that's because none is installed. I guess my only recourse is to just go ahead and purchase one, then try installing and see what happens!

I found this SanDisk 1TB M.2 SATA III SSD on Amazon that I think I'm going to give a try, as soon as I can afford to buy it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0195B30KG?colid=2BMQNLMT4ZB1U&coliid=I3II0ULZ72S4LS&ref_=wl_it_dp_...

HP Recommended

@GT_46L

Please post the BIOS level for your laptop and the exact product number.

Please post the HP product number for your PC. How to Find the HP Model Number and the HP Product Number or let HP automatically find your PC model number and HP network attached printers. This will allow others to review your issue, make suggestions and review your responses. This is usually the best way to get assistance.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
In the battery compartment, there's a label that reads :

Model name: 17t-n000
Product number: L3T35AV

And, the BIOS states:

Product number: M8W99AV
BIOS version: F.04
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.