Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion gaming note
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Bought hp pavillion gaming notebook 15-ak100ne
With product number : RT8S32EA#ABV
Serial Number : [Personal Information Removed]
and I wanted to ask : Does it support M.2 SSD .and which physical size ?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the manual:

Gaming Notebook Service manual

M.2 SATA-3 (NGFF):

● SSD, 256GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, TLC

● SSD, 128GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, TLC

● SSD, 128GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, Value DRAM-less

The part number on the 256 gig is 838954-001 and installation is shown on p. 45. 

This is not considered a user-authorized upgrade so the warranty is jeopardized, but it is not real hard to do. 

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-512GB-Internal-Solid-CT512M550SSD4/dp/B00ITFZTHC

We have had some reports here of M.2 ports being disabled on laptops which did not come equipped with one from the factory but it was not on this model of laptop. Buy from a vendor with liberal return privileges and please let us know if you run into any trouble. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is the manual:

Gaming Notebook Service manual

M.2 SATA-3 (NGFF):

● SSD, 256GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, TLC

● SSD, 128GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, TLC

● SSD, 128GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, Value DRAM-less

The part number on the 256 gig is 838954-001 and installation is shown on p. 45. 

This is not considered a user-authorized upgrade so the warranty is jeopardized, but it is not real hard to do. 

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-512GB-Internal-Solid-CT512M550SSD4/dp/B00ITFZTHC

We have had some reports here of M.2 ports being disabled on laptops which did not come equipped with one from the factory but it was not on this model of laptop. Buy from a vendor with liberal return privileges and please let us know if you run into any trouble. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Hi Huffer
I'm thinking to buy the ak112nl notebook, but want to be sure that I can add an ssd and a ram expansion later.
Are there problems regarding disabled m.2 ports on these laptops?
Which model should I buy for the ssd? I've tried a search on the hp store looking for the part number suggested but could not find anything.
Same question regarding the ram.
Thanks in advance
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.