10-08-2009 09:08 PM - edited 10-08-2009 09:12 PM
For some reason my dv6700 came with 3 GB of DDR2 RAM installed for a 32-bit Vista version (yeah, it can't handle 4) but I'm wondering first off why? The T8100 is dual-channel for one thing, plus it is a 64-bit processor, so they should have had it ready for an upgrade in the first place.
But anyway, I'm upgrading the 1 GB stick to a 2 GB stick because I'm now running Windows 7 Professional (obtained through MSDNA Academic Alliance) and I've been searching but can't seem to find the maxiumum amount of memory supported by my system.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)