Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 5CH1342RW4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion dv6  5CH1342RW4 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz. 

What is the maximum RAM capacity of my laptop? it came with 6GB (2GB SODIMM ELPIDA 1333MHz
4GB SODIMM Micron),now I want to upgrade it.  Will it take up to 8GB or even 16GB?

And about my gpu its AMD Radeon HD 7400M. I also want to upgrade it into a more advanced gpu. what are the compatible gpu for my laptop?

Hope to here soon from you guys. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

8 gigs (2 x 4 gig modules) is your maximum memory and there is no way to upgrade the GPU. It is soldered to the motherboard and cannot be removed or replaced. The numbers you provide are not the laptop model number or Product Number which we would need for any more specific information. There may be an alternate motherboard you could install which would have slightly better graphics but it would, at best, be a minor improvement for a major cost and hassle. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

8 gigs (2 x 4 gig modules) is your maximum memory and there is no way to upgrade the GPU. It is soldered to the motherboard and cannot be removed or replaced. The numbers you provide are not the laptop model number or Product Number which we would need for any more specific information. There may be an alternate motherboard you could install which would have slightly better graphics but it would, at best, be a minor improvement for a major cost and hassle. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.