06-27-2009 02:54 PM
I just purchased an HP mini 2140 netbook/notebook. I already owned an HP 6980 WiFi printer. The HP mini 2140 does NOT have a CD/DVD drive, so i downloaded the HP 6980 WiFi printer drivers from hp.com; both the basic driver package and the full driver package. I have run both the driver install packages only to get the same error message: "The screen resolution on this computer is set below the minimum required screen resolution for this software. The installation can not continue until this is resolved. Current Setting: 1024x576 Minimum: 800x600". Well, when you open the display properties on the HP mini 2140 you can NOT change the screen resolution to obtain the minimum x600.
~ Amanda Webster [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
p.s. Besides this little hick-up, so far i love my new HP mini 2140 and my old HP 6980 WiFi printer has been working flawless for years on my home wifi network with both a gateway laptop, hp laptop, dell laptop, and two sony vaio's. I would recommend the HP mini 2140 to a friend looking for a netbook/mini-notebook. I purchased mine brand new from Buy.com for $399 shipped (no sales tax).
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)