Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello!

Some time ago my laptop, HP probook 4520s stopped working. Service guys told that videocard chip is needed to be replaced. But in my region it's hard to find this chip (or the motherboard described lower).

I opened my notebook (warranty period is over) and saw a sticker on the motherboard with the model 628795-001 .

HP PartSurfer says that it's "SPS-BD SYS DISC PARK S3 W/RTC BTRY 15", so I think this number really refers to the motherboard.

The best solution could be to buy on ebay working motherboard and change it by myself, it's not a problem, but I see no motherboards with this partNumber on the Ebay.com, but there are lots of another motherboards from HP 4520s with different partNumber.

Most of all is 598668-001 . HP PartSurfer says "System board (motherboard) - Discrete graphics" and nothing more. As I understood this model is also used in HP Probook 4520s!

So I'm not sure if these motherboard are interchangeable (maybe stats/dimentions, slots, holes etc. could be different) but I really need to fix my wife's laptop:).

Can anyone help me to identify equivalent model of motherboard 628795-001?

Or maybe anyone knows a way methods to find out wich equivalent can be used?

HP Probook 4520s

s/n : 2CE04001PJ

I'm not sure if it's important, but "factory" OS was Suse Linux, now OS is Windows 8 x64.

Thanks for any reply!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hello  - i have same problem....where can i buy the motherboard for hp probook 4520s in Romania or in other country..thx

HP Recommended
I think I found a replace part. No one could advice me anything, I wrote to some forums, I wrote letter to HP service, but as it always happens - when it's needed no answer is received.

I advice you to enter HP PartSurfer ( http://partsurfer.hp.com ),
in quicksearch enter your product number (symbols before #)
and look at "PC Board". There are part numbers of motherboards that could be installed into your notebook. Don't forget that discrete graphics is better than UMA, but try to find exactly the same model that is written on the sticker onto your motherboard near the RAM modules (instruction for disassembling you can find in the service manual for your model, don't forget - it will stop your warranty!)

I will buy 598668-001 on the ebay.

Good Luck.
HP Recommended
such motherboard costs about $145
HP Recommended

i need the same type (628795-001) ..but i cannot find it... is the motherboard that you bought (598668-001) new ? is it compatible with others components of your notebook ?

thanks in advance...

HP Recommended
I just want to buy on ebay, of course it will not be new, but I don't think that used motherboard will work worse than new:)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.