Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Af006AX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i got hp af006ax laptop.The issue is when i use the touch pad the curzer is starting to shake and vibrate.So the result is i can't even select the menue options.This problem rised at the time of purchase i thought its just a driver issue.

My OS is Windows 8.1,I am thinking this is a hardware issue,

pls help me friends 

Spoiler

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @schase5

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you!

I understand that you are having an issue with the TouchPad on your HP Notebook - 15-af006ax. You had said the TouchPad mouse cursor shakes and it will not let you click on menu options. 

Have you tried to connect an external mouse and see if it happens also?

Have you tried to see if it happens in Safe Mode?

Have you done any Windows Updates?

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver on your Notebook? If not, please follow the steps below.  

• Type in Search, "Device Manager", 
  • Click On Device Manager,
  • Expand Mice and other pointing devices,  
  • Right Click on the TouchPad, 
  • Click on Uninstall,
  • Restart the Notebook twice, 
  • Reinstall the TouchPad Adapter.

Have you tried to Update the TouchPad drivers manually? If not, please follow the steps below. 

• Type in Search, "Device Manager", 
  • Click On Device Manager,
  • Expand Mice and other pointing devices,  
  • Right Click on the TouchPad, 
  • Click on Update Driver Software, 
  • Restart your Notebook. 

The best document I have for TouchPad issues is the Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad document. 

Have you tried to test the Hardware to see if it passes the component testing? 

If not, please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues, and run the Component Test on the Mouse. 

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Come on man you are awesome.....I tried to update the Touch pad driver as you Said on The device manager and i got a message that driver is upto date.

and last i tried the first advice and after restart the Touch pad is working flowlessly man

thank u once again for your help.

HP Recommended

Hey!

Thank you for the thumbs up! I am always happy to help. 🙂

That is great news! Now that you have a resolution, please let others know that which post was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button on that post! This will help others with the same TouchPad issue to find the solution quickly on the Community. 

Have a great week and thanks for joining in!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.